Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to practical Catholic men in union with the Holy See, who are 18 years of age and older. Application blanks (Form 100s) are available from any member of the Knights of Columbus. Edwardsville Council has modest initiation fees ($10) and dues ($36 annually).
Here are some of the benefits of joining:
- “Free” Accidental Life Insurance for members & spouses
- Monthly “Columbia” magazine subscription
- Athletic and Youth Activities
- Low cost life insurance (Rated A++ & AAA)
- Widow, family and orphan benefits
- Fourth Degree Membership
- Retirement annuity programs
- Monthly council “Outer Guard” newsletter
- Community and Church involvement
- Leadership Development
- Council directory and business “Yellow Pages”
- National, State and District activities
- Family and Fraternal oriented programs
- Mass at St. Mary’s Church, New Haven, CT for deceased members and wives
- National and local educational assistance and scholarships
The Knights offer an opportunity to grow in faith and fellowship with other Catholic men and their families, develop friendships, serve in leadership roles and serve your community. If you are looking to grow in faith and fraternity with others in the Church, to participate in good service activities to benefit the Church, community, youth & your family, and are interested in protecting your family’s future, then you belong in the Knights.
Members can hold up to four degrees in the Order. The first three degrees that members can hold embody the virtues of Charity, Unity and Fraternity. Another degree open to members of the Knights of Columbus is the Fourth (or Patriotic) Degree. The ritual added Patriotism to the three original principles of the Order. Any Third Degree member in good standing, is eligible for membership in the Fourth Degree.
We would love to have you as a member of Council 1143.