Edwardsville Council 1143 is located about 25 miles northeast of the Gateway Arch at 7132 Marine Road in Edwardsville, Illinois. It was chartered on July 15th, 1906 — only 24 years after the first Knights of Columbus Council was founded by Fr. Michael J. McGivney at St. Mary’s Church in New Haven, Connecticut. The council’s first Grand Knight and Chaplain were E.C. Ferguson and Reverend C.A. O’Reilly. Its Charter membership consisted of 61 men from local churches.